Objectives: Students will work on various strategies involving writing AP essays; they will also share their essays as well as the experiences in writing each essay.
Aim: What are some of the strategies you use in writing the AP essays?
Do Now: Debrief about the essays you have written during the vacation. What did you learn from doing the multiple-choice questions?
1. Discuss your favorite parts of Heart of Darkness.
2. Discuss the parts you have trouble understanding or having questions.
3. What do you believe the author’s purpose is by writing the novella?
4. Share the passage for the essay.
5. Discuss the open-ended questions.
Essays are due.
Give out the Things They Carried.